About the blog
Five hikers came together to create this virtual adventure of the Camino de Santiago. We are sharing our experience with you in order to raise funds for the albergues (Spanish hostels) tirelessly serving hikers along the Camino.
Albergues are the fundamental lifeblood of the Camino. Many of them operate on a donativo (donation) business model where guests need pay only what they can afford.
With the introductions of global travel restrictions due to COVID-19, albergue hosts are without their traditional income. Many are struggling to pay basic expenses.
Having shown kindness and support to countless pilgrims, they now find themselves in need of support from people like you and I.
Here and now is your opportunity to make a difference so they are ready to receive pilgrims when the current lockdowns are over.
- Cheryl relives her Camiño Portuguese experience through the Virtual Camino June 1, 2021
- Phyllis Hegger plans to be a part of this “Camino walking world” for the rest of her life May 26, 2021
- Fresh air, exercise, and spending time with friends motivates Mira Hajsan on her Virtual Camino May 26, 2021
- Camino for Good surpasses $70,000 USD given in relief funds to albergue owners May 19, 2021
- Neal Mayer takes on the Virtual Camino with his furry, three-legged companion May 19, 2021