About the blog
Five hikers came together to create this virtual adventure of the Camino de Santiago. We are sharing our experience with you in order to raise funds for the albergues (Spanish hostels) tirelessly serving hikers along the Camino.
Albergues are the fundamental lifeblood of the Camino. Many of them operate on a donativo (donation) business model where guests need pay only what they can afford.
With the introductions of global travel restrictions due to COVID-19, albergue hosts are without their traditional income. Many are struggling to pay basic expenses.
Having shown kindness and support to countless pilgrims, they now find themselves in need of support from people like you and I.
Here and now is your opportunity to make a difference so they are ready to receive pilgrims when the current lockdowns are over.
- Congratulations to our Three Month Challengers: Meet Finisher Sue Pritzker April 15, 2021
- Meet CfG hiker Anne Gouweloos from Rotterdam, Netherlands April 8, 2021
- Nat Defiebre of California generously shares her story April 2, 2021
- A heartfelt “thank you” from Lalo Alverez of Albergue El Paso April 2, 2021
- The spirit of a hospitalera, through the words of Jan Bouwman from Oasis Trails April 2, 2021