Welcome to the Camino for Good blog.
About the blog
Five hikers came together to create this virtual adventure of the Camino de Santiago. We are sharing our experience with you in order to raise funds for the albergues (Spanish hostels) tirelessly serving hikers along the Camino.
Albergues are the fundamental lifeblood of the Camino. Many of them operate on a donativo (donation) business model where guests need pay only what they can afford.
With the introductions of global travel restrictions due to COVID-19, albergue hosts are without their traditional income. Many are struggling to pay basic expenses.
Having shown kindness and support to countless pilgrims, they now find themselves in need of support from people like you and I.
Here and now is your opportunity to make a difference so they are ready to receive pilgrims when the current lockdowns are over.
- Casa Susi provides an oasis of love and support for pilgrims in Trabadelo April 23, 2021
- CfG hiker Jeanne Chesko started a Virtual Camino tradition April 19, 2021
- Congratulations to our Three Month Challengers: Meet Finisher Sue Pritzker April 15, 2021
- Anne Gouweloos’ Virtual Camino experience brings back memories from her Camino Portugues journey April 8, 2021
- Pilgrim Nat Defiebre treasures the community and motivation she has found on her Virtual Camino April 2, 2021