Susan walked the Camino Frances in 2018
During my professional career, I was always an entrepreneur. I started an insurance agency and provided employer sponsored benefit packages. After I sold this company, I started consulting with business owners on growing their business with effective marketing, employee engagement and customer loyalty.
Along the way, I was always active physically and active in my community.
- I walked the San Diego marathon and raised money for the Leukemia Society.
- I walked the 3-Day, 60-mile walk, from Santa Barbara to Malibu and raised money for Breast Cancer Awareness.
- I organized a Nashville Walk for Women. 96 women and 1 man, each walked 13.1 miles and raised $45,000 for a local non-profit.
- I hiked trails whenever I could and spent many vacations walking and hiking.
- In 2018, I walked the Camino de Santiago.
For many years, my Mission has been to grow and to expand. With faith, I know I can
- Be more than I think I am.
- Give more than I think I have.
- Do more than I think I can.
I will be more, give more and do more today than I did yesterday. I am vibrant and growing.
As I approached my 70th birthday, I realized it was time to do something I had been dreaming about – it was time to Walk the Camino de Santiago. As I trained, I studied the Way and its history. Because it’s the Way of St. James, the Way of Forgiveness, I decided to use this Pilgrimage as a time to reflect on my life: to forgive myself for the mistakes I made and to acknowledge all the blessings in my life. I wanted this to be a very Spiritual journey and it was.
However, this pilgrimage was even more than I could have imagined. I meditated, prayed, and reflected. I also met and enjoyed some of the most wonderful people on earth. I laughed. I cried. I enjoyed the moments. It was a time of renewal. I walked away from this experience knowing that I can do anything – no matter how old I am. I can do more than I think I can.
Because of this profound experience, I am excited to find a way to experience it again, virtually, and to give back to the albergues along the way. Together we can give more than we think we have. I cannot wait to meet you along The Way!