This Camino is for you!
- Have the Right Gear. In some parts of the world, it’s winter as we begin the journey. Consider investing in the right gear. You want to layer your clothing and your want the right shoes or boots. Go to an outdoor gear or fitness store and get sized for the correct footwear. You won’t regret it!
- Plan Each Week. Have a plan for each week. Think about these things and put it in writing!
– What days will you walk?
– What days will you rest?
– How far will you go?
– Will you walk inside or outside?
- Invite Others. This is a journey to challenge your body and soul. We all struggle at times and 2020 has been a time of isolation and frustration. John Brierley, author of Camino Guide, says you can have a Camino experience anywhere if you are walking with a purpose.
– What life questions do you have that you need to work through?
– Who can you walk with to talk ideas or struggles through?
– Who do you know that is struggling and can use your help?
- Stretch Every Day. If you have never tried yoga, this is a good time to try. Pilgrims all along the Camino will advise you to stretch before and after your walk. Yoga even just once a week keeps those hips, backs and legs from tightening up. You will enjoy it so much more!
- Always hydrate. Pilgrims who walk the Camino de Santiago obsess over water. How much weight of water can I carry? Will I be able to refill along the way? We don’t think you should obsess but you should always carry water.
Not registered yet? Click here to sign up for the Walk for Good Challenge.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at info@caminoforgood. We are pilgrims and we want to help and are here for you.