- 485 miles / 780 km
- Run, walk or hike in your local area
- January 15th – January 15th 2022
Ends on Jan 15th 2022
Stay focused. Achieve your goal.
- Suggested walking pace – 3 miles/5km each day (3 days per week)
- Use your fitness tracker or health app
- Register for the Forum
- Visit Group Forum
- Finish January 15th, 2022
- Walk anywhere you want and ask friends to join
- Ideal challenge for the curious slow stroller
- Smell the roses
- Camino for Good App User’s Guide
- Log in to the Virtual Camino App in a browser
- Contact Support
You have twelve months to achieve your goal ...
Let's get moving!
"Walking on Sunshine" Community
Join our forum to share your experience with other members
Your Forum Moderator
12 months is a long time but thats what i like most about any camino, not being in a hurry:). Kelly Gilfillan, another founder of Camino for good, will be co-moderating with me. Please feel free to ask any questions. I have walked four caminos. The Frances being my first. Since then i have walked the Norte, Primitivo and the Via Francigena which ends in Rome instead of Santiago. All were amazing adventures and I am just so happy you are here, learning more about these incredible pilgrimages and the Albergues that support them. Till we meet one day on an actual camino we have Camino for Good to help keep us dreaming!
Looking forward to getting to know each of you a little better and hearing your stories as well!
Let the others rush ahead, we’ll just take our time:)….
Why is this a Walk for Good?
We commit that 75% of our net income goes towards aiding the albergues (Spanish hostels) along the Camino de Santiago.
COVID-19 has not been kind to the pilgrim hostels and the time is now to help the hostel owners make it through the winter season and the uncertainty of the year ahead.
- With the cessation of travel due to COVID-19, these albergue hosts find themselves without income.
- Many are unable to cover basic living expenses, like rent, electricity, and water.
- Supporting the albergues now ensures they will be ready to receive pilgrims when the Camino re-opens
The Virtual Camino has motivated me to travel farther and with more purpose on my runs and hikes. I look forward to progressing on my journey while learning about the towns along the Camino!IanDelaware, USA
Just started my virtual hike from St. Jean Pied de Port. So beautiful looking at the Pyrenees mountains. Pushed myself and stopped for the day at Roncesvalles. Amazing pictures, feels like I am there.GaryCalifornia, USA
The virtual experience was very rich! The web-site easy to navigate and full of wonderful content. My favorite was the Camino audio stories from pilgrims who have experienced the Camino in person. They shared personal stories via audio files, and it gave me a real sense of how diverse the Camino experience is – people from across the globe!BettyTennessee, USA
Not only did [the Virtual Camino] provide a focus for my runs, it allowed me to feel like my solitary runs were actual helping someone else in a small way.JackTennessee, USA